Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Dog Disaster

"You could just put them outside or in their kennels, but if you leave them in, be sure to close all the doors inside the house."

Dog sitting for only about half the day, these were the instructions given me by my sister regarding her two (very pampered) dogs under my care; Arti, a medium-big brown shepherd/lab/something mix, and Diego, a medium-tiny black chihuahua (see suspects photos below).

So off I went to a meeting, only to be gone for a couple hours, but remembering my instructions, I dutifully closed all inner doors, leaving the pups in their usual spot - the main living area - even checking for obvious dog-attractors (Diego has a known chewing addiction).

On return (great meeting), well, I'll let the photo tell the rest of the story:




Here are the suspects mug shots:


The Likely Culprit




The Silent Witness/Accomplice

Estimate of Items Destroyed/Eaten:

1 Box Kleenex Tissue
1 Roll Scotch Tape
1 Containment Box (holiday light strings - cardboard, fortunately, is a favorite)
1 Containment Bag (small wood kindling)

Other Notable Items (disarray):

1 Table Lamp (overturned)
1 Compact Fluorescent Bulb (not associated with previous - apparently undamaged)

All told, some rollicking good fun was had in my absence (I'm envious). Punishment (of pets) at that time being pointless, I simply took pictures, and cleaned up the mess (the house had been cleaned thoroughly only two days before).

I knew there's a reason I have a blog.

Got any of your own home pet disaster stories? Feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
December 2009

Vertigo - Meniere's

Vertigo - Meniere's
Credit: http://djembeslappin.blogspot.com/2007/10/menieres-hell.html