Monday, March 29, 2010

An Offer I Can't Refuse

After almost exactly 6 months of job search, it's finally happened!

This morning I received an email from Abilicorp with an attached offer letter for employment (and associated new hire paperwork) at a major banking institution in San Francisco. The actual gig has been described in earlier posts, but suffice it to say here it's a perfect fit (with growth room), and the pay offered is on the high end (reasonable) of my career expectation - and may include (as yet unspecified) benefits.

I'll start on the 5th of April (next Monday at this writing). The job is a 3 month temp position but an open-ended opportunity as the team I'll join is for the purpose of concept validation for a process that will be ongoing if successful (and you can bet I'll be driving for success - and to become indispensable to my employer). Employment (continuation) is still dependent on a (still pending) background check, but the signs there are good (if not perfect).

Needless to say all the paperwork and supporting documentation has already been faxed back. Also needless to say is I'm thrilled with the opportunity, and grateful to all who have kept me in their prayers and helped me up to this point. My "excitement" is tempered (in a serene way) by the full knowledge that this is but another step in a long process of rebuilding a "wrecked" life (hence my moniker), making amends as needed, and clearing up the wreckage of my past. The difference today is that I have a hope that is unshakable so long as I continue on the spiritual journey of recovery and maintain my connection with the (utterly mind-blowing) higher power I've come to know.

As always, gratitude is the attitude, and serenity is the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
December 2009

Vertigo - Meniere's

Vertigo - Meniere's
Credit: http://djembeslappin.blogspot.com/2007/10/menieres-hell.html