Friday, March 12, 2010

Serenity Baby B-Day

I'm 15 months "old" today - "birthday" Dec 12, 2008.

Noteworthy, of course, on this birthday is the serenity attendant to my job interview yesterday. Details to follow, but first my profound gratitude and amazement at my acceptance today of uncertainty. Yes, I want this job - it really is a perfect mix of capability and challenges for me - a real opportunity for personal and professional growth. And no, of course, I don't know if I'll get it yet - and likely won't know until late next week when final decisions are made. The real difference my spiritual program makes for me today is that I'm perfectly OK with not knowing; whether I get the job or not, I can look forward to more growth and a better life than I can imagine - so long as I stay in fit spiritual condition by staying connected and working my program.

My personal experience of the interview yesterday and its result: awesome! Again, that's my perspective, and I can't account for anyone else's (including my interviewer - the hiring manager). And that's OK. What's awesome about my experience is that I really did go into the process with a deep serenity and conviction that I was putting my best foot forward, and offering myself up in service - just as my HP wants. What feedback I did get from my interviewer was largely positive; I was only once "sideswiped" by a question I didn't have the best answer for, and most of the process involved the manager explaining what he needed, and me explaining what I had to bring to the table to help him achieve those goals. Rigorous honesty was maintained, and at the end of an interview that took slightly longer than scheduled (good!), I was shown around where I might be working, and informed that I may have another interview (with a different person) before a final decision is made (also good!)

Another awesome thing about this process was that my AbiliCorp recruiter met me in a coffee shop just prior to the interview, for a last-minute prep talk that (he and I were both pleased) was barely needed, but much appreciated nonetheless.

The job in question is actually one position of several in a new project team the manager has received funding for to literally test the viability of (his) conceptual framework for managing security against cyber-attacks on a real-time basis. The data analysis piece I would be doing is to ferret out anomalies in event tracking data that could indicate malicious activity, and recommend approaches to dealing with same. The idea is to stay one (or more) step ahead of the "bad guys" before they can do actual damage. The challenge for me based on my experience is the "real time" quick-turnaround aspect; it's also the most exciting part of jumping on board with a new team. Teamwork is the emphasis, which fits in perfectly with the new "design for living" I've been given through my spiritual program. It's no longer about "I" and "me", it's about "us" and "we".

So today, it's guarded optimism, and no letting up on anything relating to my spiritual program or my job search process (including my DOR development plan!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

Me
December 2009

Vertigo - Meniere's

Vertigo - Meniere's
Credit: http://djembeslappin.blogspot.com/2007/10/menieres-hell.html